OSU leaving transactions behind

Options
Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

A one-step update ran this morning and did not download any transactions from Bank of America. I happened to know there were 3 transactions that should have downloaded.

When I did Update Now on B of A about half an hour later, the 3 transactions appeared.

Does anyone have an explanation for this behavior? Can we no longer trust OSU to get all our transactions?

R48.9

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know about Express Web Connect +/FDX, but I have seen a misconception that people have with Direct Connect/OFX. Most people assume that all the financial instituitons tied their OFX server directly into the the same database that is used for displaying transactions on their website, and that isn't always true. With some financial institutions it was, but I for instance USAA what did is once a night transfer transactions from their main database to wherver ever their OFX server was looking. The result being with transactions only being up to a day old, not "real time".

So, what I'm basically saying is that I don't think you can assume that Express Web Connect + is "real time".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

P.S. there is also another consideration with Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect +. They are definitely doing some kind of "caching" between Quicken (the program) and the sync to the Quicken dataset. And I don't know how good it is or if really will detect new transactions on the financial institution's site. First update of the day for me 3 minute, second maybe 20 seconds.

Signature:
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How old were the transactions? It doesn't seem like the 30 minute gap would be any different as far as Chris' hypothesis that it is some delay in posting.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

The transactions all posted yesterday 3/22/23.

I don't expect "real time" from EWC+, but I do expect transactions that cleared yesterday to show up today via OSU without me having to manually update.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hmm, then I don't know, other than saying that the system is probably messed up.

Signature:
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Didn't Update Now use to force a call to the FI? Is that still the case?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not seeing that anymore since they inserted the Quicken dataset sync into the middle of this process.

Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

I see there are a few other recent threads about OSU not working. I Reported A Problem and sent logs.

• djgraff209
    djgraff209 Member
    Options

There are some SERIOUS problems with EWC+ and BofA - I have seen some REALLY wonky behavior with the online balance reported as negative … transactions (for the most part) are coming down properly however the online balance is sometimes off by THOUSANDS even NEGATIVE.

I have relied on this functionality for YEARS and to see it flake out like this is maddening to say the least.

I hope they can fix this sooner than later.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Dang, this happened to me again today. OSU ran this morning. When I ran it again this afternoon, 4 accounts showed new transactions. Some were several days old. This confuses me.

These just appeared at 2:54 PM on 3/30/23 in my AmEx credit card register, and there were similar transactions in other accounts.

This discussion has been closed.