Quicken 2013 Data File does not open offline

Options
2»

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

you are looking in all the WRONG folders.
    See my example with the full path

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Ps56k2, I found it in the path you described, I was looking in the program files folder, not the programdata folder

so in my old computer I have
    c:\Program Files(x86)>Quicken>qw.exe (created oct 5, 2016, modified sept 10, 2018, when I check windows, it shows Aug 16, 2017, 312 MB)
    and
    c:\ProgramData>Intuit>Quicken>Config>QUICKEN.INI (created aug 16,2017, modified apr 5, 2023 - yesterday, probably because I opened quicken)
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Ps56k2, it seems I had download and installed in sep 18,2018, it matches with the version sequence you mentioned

so should I proceed with the installation and replacement of the quicken.ini file, before executing quicken?
    any other recommendations?
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Greg_the_Geek and @Ps56k2, thanks for showing the correct path, hehehe, sorry for not noticing it
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Ps56k2, I installed Quicken Deluxe 2017, and got R20.6, there is no ProgramData folder, so I could not replace QUICKEN.INI file, I got a message to Language change required, to change to English, as now I currently have Portuguese as my old computer. The old R17.4 in my old computer opens the file properly,

my current computer is windows 11 home (single language), I don't know how to change to English as it does not allow me,

when I try to open a file or a backup file it seems it is going to work, but I get the Language change message,

if I ignore the Language change message, I get a blank page with File and Help options only.

please see images
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    the config and ini files are exactly the same in both computers
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're looking at the wrong INI files. You need to show Hidden Items in File Explorer to see C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI.

Also, you need to go to Settings —> Time & Language —> Language & Region and change the Windows display language to English (United States). Quicken is only supported in the US and Canada.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Greg_the_Geek ok, it seems that I need the admin password to my new computer so I will have to take it to the technician

I wouldn´t like to change the language as in my old computer I was working with windows in Portuguese and it is aparently working properly
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would suggest changing the language and seeing if Quicken will work. You can always change it back.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Greg_the_Geek, I talked to the technitian, he told me how do configure to see the hidden files, I replaced the QUICKEN.INI file, I seems that it is how working properly, I could see a file I am seeing in the old computer, I will perform some tests,

thanks a lot for your patience heheh
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Greg_the_Geek, it seems it is working properly, I am using ImportQIF to import excel file from bank to quicken 2017, thanks
This discussion has been closed.