how do I get to Tools?

Options
Margo D
Margo D Member ✭✭

I am trying to change the password for my bank. I believe I need to start at Tools, ut how do I get there?

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If you want to change an account password on QMac, right click on the account in the sidebar and select Account Settings, go to the Downloads tab, and select Change Connection. Click Continue on the next two screens (assuming you want to keep everything else the same and only change the password) and then enter your new password and click Sign In. On the next screen click Continue then on the last screen click Finish.

Be aware that this isn't changing the password at your bank, it's only changing the password that Quicken uses. If you want to actually change your account password you need to do that through your bank's web site first and then update it in Quicken.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tools should be on the second line of Quicken's screen, next to File, Edit, and View.

QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please review https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503 and follow the instructions in "Step Three:…"

• Margo D
    Margo D Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I open Quicken, I do not see a second line under File, Edit, View--?? I am using Q for Mac, version 6.12.5
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have posted your question in the Windows section of the forum. I will ask a Moderator to move it.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If you want to change an account password on QMac, right click on the account in the sidebar and select Account Settings, go to the Downloads tab, and select Change Connection. Click Continue on the next two screens (assuming you want to keep everything else the same and only change the password) and then enter your new password and click Sign In. On the next screen click Continue then on the last screen click Finish.

Be aware that this isn't changing the password at your bank, it's only changing the password that Quicken uses. If you want to actually change your account password you need to do that through your bank's web site first and then update it in Quicken.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• BWV
    BWV Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have followed these instructions but Quicken gives me an error msge that my checking an credit card accounts failed but the actual bank acct (the umbrella for it all) was successful..and transactions are downloaded. I need to change my user name as well. The bank info has already been made.
  • BWV
    BWV Member ✭✭
    Options
    Pls disregard above - problem solved
This discussion has been closed.