Quicken Reports fail to see income with splits!

Options
Metom2
Metom2 Member
edited April 2023 in Reports (Mac)

This app still has huge bugs guys… I just sent my tax info in to accountant and find this program is not seeing income with splits!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It definietely does see income in splits. Heck, every paycheck deposit has income in a split. So can we dig into what type of transactions you find missing from your reports?

Actually, let me also ask: what report(s)? And what account(s)?

The reason for these questions is that the tax reports will, as configured by default, exclude retirement accounts. So if, for example, you have a transaction in a retirement account for an IRA RMD withdrawal with a split categorized as income, it won't show in the tax report. This isn't a bug; it's just a matter of how your transactions and/or reports are configured. In this example, you could add the IRA accoiunt to the tax report; alternatively, you could do a transfer from the IRA account to a non-retirement account and recogine the income there. So with some more detail about what you're doing, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to suggest how to make things show up as you expect.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Metom2
    Metom2 Member
    Options

I checked the report.. It's my business checking so its included in the report trust me. Two payments from same client with same catagory - one has other split info the other does not. The one that does not have split info shows in report the other does not.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Specifically, what report are you using? There is one report — the old "Category Summary" (it hasa plain gray icon on the Reports screen) — which is known to have data reporting errors. I don't know why the developers haven't removed it from the program yet, because it was long ago succeeded by the new-generation Transaction by Category and Category Summary by Year/Quarter/Month/YTD reports. These reports do not have errors with missing data.

On the transaction with a split, are both/all splits missing from the report, or just a particular split?

Does the split which doesn't show up in the report have a Transfer account as well as a category?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.