Custom Report not showing right account info, and does not save account settings. Fix?

DaveHub
DaveHub Member
edited April 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I have a custom report to just show interest and dividend income. However it shows an occasional expense for the Insurance category in my checking acount, which is not included in the account list, nor is that category included in the category list. If I simply go to the report settings, click the accounts tab, and click OK, even without changing anything, the issue clears up. But comes back the next time I run the report.

Also, I tried setting to all accounts and clicked OK. But when I came back to the report my change was not saved.

Any ideas? I have tried repairing my data file to no avail.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Are you sure you are saving the report after making the changes, and opening the saved report and not the original? Saved reports will be in the My Saved Reports folder.

I suggest you go to Edit > Preferences > Reports only and check the Remind me to save reports box if it is not already.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• DaveHub
    DaveHub Member

I found the fix! My order was (Not sure if every step is needed)L

• Repair file
    • Restart Quicken
    • Open Report
    • Save Report (Without making any changes)

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Are you sure you are saving the report after making the changes, and opening the saved report and not the original? Saved reports will be in the My Saved Reports folder.

I suggest you go to Edit > Preferences > Reports only and check the Remind me to save reports box if it is not already.

QWin Premier subscription
  • DaveHub
    DaveHub Member

Thanks Jim. I think the trick may have been saving the report. Even without making any changes.

Also a good suggestion. I didn't know about the reminder option.

This discussion has been closed.