Recategorizing expenses from Report Mode not working

polar911
polar911 Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

25'sh year Quicken user.

Formerly I would generate a report listing all my expenses, some were automatically categorized, some were not categorized and some were incorrectly categorized. I would select a bunch of expenses using shift or control, right click, select "Recategorize transactions," type in the correct category, hit enter and it would change the category on all of the transactions to the correct one. Very efficient.

Now, this procedure works with some categories but not with many of them, which requires going into each transaction and fixing it manually. This is a new bug, I'm on the latest version, I have reported it multiple times and still no response or resolution.

Have others encountered this and if so is there a fix? It seems as though some categories are corrupted and prevented from being applied automatically. It will accept them at the actual transaction one by one but not from report mode.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for clarifying how you use recategorizing and why it is important for Quicken to fix this issue.

here is a Commuinty Alert on this issue, please see this discussion

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can do something similar with the Find / Repace feature in the Edit menu.

You can also work with the All transaction view, filtering accordingly, selecting similarly, and right-clicking to get an Assign categories option.

Hopefully the report path for that type of edit will be fixed soon.

• KenAtl
    KenAtl Member
    edited April 2023

[Removed - Rant]

• gsquaredmarg
    gsquaredmarg Member ✭✭
    > @q_lurker said:
    > You can do something similar with the Find / Repace feature in the Edit menu.
    >
    > You can also work with the All transaction view, filtering accordingly, selecting similarly, and right-clicking to get an Assign categories option.
    >
    > Hopefully the report path for that type of edit will be fixed soon.

Thanks, Lurker. This helped with resolving about half of the recategorization I needed to do. It doesn't work (Or, I couldn't figure it out) for split transactions. I still had to go through these individually.

Hopefully they fix this bug quickly! (Not holding my breath)
This discussion has been closed.