Sync isn't working

Chum
Chum Member

When I go to close out Quicken all of a sudden it wants me to sign in. This has happened the last 2 times I've used it. The sign in box shows my old email address even though I changed it on Quicken and it will not allow me to put in the correct email. I go ahead and type in the password and I get an error saying it does not match the records. Then I get a box come up that says Quicken is unavailable at this time and to check back in 10 minutes. I go on and close without backing up. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have you tried the following?: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign out > sign in, again, with your new Quicken ID and PW

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓

Have you tried the following?: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign out > sign in, again, with your new Quicken ID and PW

• Chum
    Chum Member

I hadn't tried that. I will do this. Thank you for your help.

• Boatnmaniac

You are welcome. Please be sure to post back here to advise if this resolved the issue for you. I would certainly like to know but it can also be very helpful to others who might be having the same issue as you.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

After I sign in as a new user, then can I go back and sign in as the previous user. Doesn't signing in as a new user wipe out the cloud metadata info for the datafiles and allt he account logins have to be reesatablished?

I don't understand what actions I will need to perform after signing in as a new user.

Should I sign back in as the prior user after signing in as a new user?

Does that reset the cloud metadata for the datafiles?

Would that be the same effect as reseting the cloud data?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023

Sign back in with your current, not a new, QuickenID and PW. It will just allow Quicken to confirm who you are, that it is a valid licensed & activated installation and will ensure that your installation knows which edition you are subscribed to, the status of your subscription, etc. It will not reset or affect the data on the Cloud Account, affect any financial institution logins nor any settings, preferences or accounts data.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

So when I sign in as a new user (which requires a different email address), then go back and sign back in as the previous user? Very confusing to me.

• Boatnmaniac

No, do not use a different email address (QuickenID) when you sign back in. Use the exact same QuickenID and PW that you normally use. It simply refreshes the link between your Quicken.com account and your installation.

I do agree that the wording Sign in as a different user is a bit confusing. I'm guessing that whoever came up with the wording was thinking only the situation where a person has multiple QuickenIDs (i.e., subscriptions) or where there are multiple users with different QuickenIDs of a single installation and weren't thinking of how most Quicken users use it which is to simply log out and log back in, again. It should perhaps be reworded as Log out and log back in.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

@Boatnmaniac Now I understand. Thank you.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023

You are welcome. An overly-simplistic way of thinking of this process is to picture a PW protected file that you close. To open it, again, you need to enter your same PW which changes absolutely nothing about the file itself and the data within in it but it allows you to access the data in the file, again.

Sometimes something happens where the Cloud Account, the Quicken.com account and the installation (not the data or the data file itself) get out of sync which can cause performance issues. Signing out and then signing back in with the same QuickenID and PW simply resyncs everything so the software functions as it should.

This discussion has been closed.