How do I stop Quicken downloading transactions directly from my bank?

Options

A few months ago, I had an issue that forced me to unsync all my accounts and then resync them because things got messed up on mobile. After doing so when I update accounts with "One Step Update" it downloads transactions from the bank for reconciliation. I do not want this. One major problem I have with it is that the cleared transactions downloaded by the link between Quicken and the bank can be days behind. I prefer to go to my banks website and downloading to a file which I then open with Quicken. It is more accurate than the bank to Quicken download as it shows and allows me to reconcile every cleared transaction. This also allows me to control the date range. If I try to use both I end up with duplicate transactions. So how do I shut off the One Step Update with the bank without cutting off my cloud sync that permits me to use the mobile app?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To stop downloading during OSU: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.

Once the accounts are deactivated they will no longer be included in OSU. OSU will still allow you to download securities prices and information as well as to Sync with the Cloud Account for Mobile as long as you have set up OSU for those things. Otherwise you can manually do Sync (under the Mobile & Web menu).

You will also be able to manually download transactions from the bank in QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect) format and import them into Quicken, linking the import with the account you already have set up in Quicken.

Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.