Number of portfolios in an account doubled

cttripp
cttripp Quicken Mac Other Member

I have a Fidelity 401k account. For some reason back in March, Quicken create a copy of the account under the "Portfolio" tab. But it did not double the number of transactions; it just duplicated the account. Since then it doesn't try to update this duplicate account's values, but it successfully updates the original account.

As much as I like seeing the account's value double, I need to get rid of this duplicate entry in the portfolio. I cannot just delete the duplicate account without it deleting the original.

See the attached. The "FID 500 INDEX 2" is what I'm trying to get rid of. It just magically appeared.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Thanks for posting the screen shot; it clarifies your terminology. Quicken didn't create a duplicate portfolio; it created a duplicate security in your portfolio/account. That issue has been widely discussed here over the past month. Fidelity changed something, and it caused duplicate security names to pop up in Quickn. Please see this thread for discussion, and for the very simple way to fix the problem.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cttripp
    cttripp Quicken Mac Other Member

Thanks. I'll look into this.

This discussion has been closed.