What is in Council Bluffs, IA?

Options

Both my wife and I keep getting a message that our Apple ID is being accessed in Council Bluffs, IA. Neither of our Apple Cards have updated for the past two months. Is Quicken the culprit? If so, sayig yes then requires a 6-digit passcode. Nowhere do I see Quicken requesting the 2-factor verification. So after the first time, we keep denying access. Any ideas?

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

A Google server farm. Wikipedia says this, but who knows who the users of those servers are?

In 2007, Google began construction of a server farm on the former site of the Council Bluffs drive-in theater on Veterans Memorial Highway. This first phase, completed in 2009, was to create "200 high quality jobs". The second Google campus, on Bunge Avenue, had an open house in October 2013, employing 50 people who are "installing and upgrading Google servers and providing maintenance on equipment". In March 2014, a third phase, the Southlands expansion, was announced, creating 35 additional jobs and bringing Google's investment up to $1.5 billion, the largest private investment in Iowa's history to date. The state increased its tax abatement of sales and use tax for Google from $9.6 million to $16.8 million. As of July 2014 Google stated it created 130 jobs and as of June 2016 "over 300 jobs" on site. In particular, the server farms are backing the entire "us-central1" region of the Google Cloud Platform.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I solved the problem. I went to the tab "Bills & Income". Next to the Apple Card was a clock and on the right a button that said "Fix it." I clicked on the button. It then went to a window where as I was entering my Apple ID, I again received the alert on my phone. When I accepted it and received the 6 digit code, Quicken asked for the 6-digit code. I don't know why I was receiving so many requests, I suspect that every time Quickem was trying to check — hence, the clock — I would receive the message. Thank you all for your thoughts and help.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

A Google server farm. Wikipedia says this, but who knows who the users of those servers are?

In 2007, Google began construction of a server farm on the former site of the Council Bluffs drive-in theater on Veterans Memorial Highway. This first phase, completed in 2009, was to create "200 high quality jobs". The second Google campus, on Bunge Avenue, had an open house in October 2013, employing 50 people who are "installing and upgrading Google servers and providing maintenance on equipment". In March 2014, a third phase, the Southlands expansion, was announced, creating 35 additional jobs and bringing Google's investment up to $1.5 billion, the largest private investment in Iowa's history to date. The state increased its tax abatement of sales and use tax for Google from $9.6 million to $16.8 million. As of July 2014 Google stated it created 130 jobs and as of June 2016 "over 300 jobs" on site. In particular, the server farms are backing the entire "us-central1" region of the Google Cloud Platform.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Harold-Jr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Could you give me a bit more context what is happening and when? Is this a text message? Is it an email? Is it showing up randomly or is it being triggered specifically when you are accessing Quicken? Do you have a VPN that may be making it look like you're accessing your Apple account from Council Bluffs, IA?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would suggest contacting Apple Card and asking if they wold identify who is trying to access your account. They should be able to provide you with that information.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I solved the problem. I went to the tab "Bills & Income". Next to the Apple Card was a clock and on the right a button that said "Fix it." I clicked on the button. It then went to a window where as I was entering my Apple ID, I again received the alert on my phone. When I accepted it and received the 6 digit code, Quicken asked for the 6-digit code. I don't know why I was receiving so many requests, I suspect that every time Quickem was trying to check — hence, the clock — I would receive the message. Thank you all for your thoughts and help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update,

I'm glad to hear you found and resolved the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.