Chase and Quicken - transactions missing and/or duplicates (edit)

Options

Ever since Quicken changed to the new connection format for Chase, the transaction downloads have been broken. When I have Quicken pull the Chase transactions, it always misses multiple transactions. If I manually download the transactions from Chase, Quicken doesn't recognize the duplicates and then I have to sort through every single transaction to see which one has already been download and which one is new. Is this some setting error? How do I get Quicken to download all of the transactions from Chase or how do I get Quicken to stop downloading duplicate transactions?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken uses a FITID field to decide if a transaction has been downloaded previously. Your problem is that the FITID value that is generated by Chase and provided in the manual download from their website is different from the one that is generated for the Express Web Connect+ download.

Since they are different, Quicken has no way to weed out the duplicates. So, the bottom line is, stick to only a single download method and since you are finding the manual download of the .QFX file is the most complete, I'd stay with it.

Personally, I won't use the EWC+ or EWC download methods, so I do the .QFX download myself for Chase and it only takes me a couple of miniutes IF there are any transactions and if there aren't, it takes even less time.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• QuickName
    QuickName Member
    Options

That is very helpful, thank you. I didn't realize they had different FITID values. I'll just switch over to only .QFX downloads as well. It is a relief to have a workable solution, as this has been a thorn in my side for some time now. Thank you again!

This discussion has been closed.