Register Date Error

Options
swharton08
swharton08 Member ✭✭
Ever since I updated from Q16 to the paid version my default register date has been off by one day. The computer date is correct. How do I get the default date to by the current date?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

What do you mean by "off by one day"? Can you show us a graphic?

What BUILD of Q are you running?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• swharton08
    swharton08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Build 27.1.48.15

This morning when I logged on the date was 4/2, not 4/3. This has been going on since I upgraded from Q16 6 months ago.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go into one of the incorrect date fields and type the letter "t" for "today". If the date changes to today's date, at least Quicken knows what day it is. If the date stays incorrect, something is mysteriously wrong.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• swharton08
    swharton08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It won't let me type a T, only numbers
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

It should allow a whole set of letters and arithmetic signs. If your short date format in Windows is anything other than mm/dd/yy, change it to that. Quicken doesn't understand many date formats.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• swharton08
    swharton08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That is the format I am using.

I think the problem was I was highlighting the date and trying to type. I can type if I don't highlight the field. I had changed the date already today. I'll check in the morning and try the T
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited April 2023
    Options

You should be able to type various characters into the date field. This is from memory because I can no longer find this info (or much of anything) in Quicken Help. Inability to type these usually indicates Quicken is unhappy with the date format.

• t : go to Today
    • -, + : go back or forward 1 day
    • w, k : go to the first or last day of the WeeK
    • m, h : go to the first or last day of the MontH
    • y, r : go to the first or last day of the YeaR

In any case, I still don't know why your default date is wrong. I've never seen this reported before. As anyone in Tech Support would say, "have you tried rebooting?"

• swharton08
    swharton08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This has been happening since I upgraded to the annual version. I even have a new computer and it just carried forward. Many reboots. Clearing cache etc.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where are you located? In the U.S.? Overseas … if so, what timezone?

What region and language settings have you defined in your computer?
    In Control Panel try settings for Primary Language = English (US), Region = US, Date and Time Formats = English (US). Reboot if you have made any changes.

• swharton08
    swharton08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It seems something that I did yesterday finally sorted out the date. This morning the date was correct. I hope it remains correct. Thanks for all your help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And what, if I may ask, did you do yesterday that fixed the problem?

Curious Quicken users would like to know …

• swharton08
    swharton08 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My guess was using the T for the date. I had not heard of that before so I tried it. Why this fixed it I have no idea.
This discussion has been closed.