Plans for Quicken Home & Business on Mac?

Options
SulliT3
SulliT3 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a plan to make an H&B equivalent for Mac?

I'm thinking of switching over from QuickB00ks, and the only thing holding me back is that this is yet to be available for Mac! Do the other mac products allow for business accounts/home rentals, etc.?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

We know they're thinking about it. You might want to add your thoughts to this thread describing which features you're looking for.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023
    Options

Probably more than thinking about it! 😉 There is a longstanding thread requesting this functionality, and in January, its status was changed from "Under Consideration" to "Planned." So it does seem they are working toward adding business feature to Quicken Mac.

That saidm, we don't know what or when. It's unlikely they will simply mimic the exact look and functionality of Quicken Windows. The other thread @Jon linked above asks potential users to be explicit about what business features they are looking for. It's likely the developers will add functionality in increments over time. But there's no way to know what to expect when.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • SulliT3
    SulliT3 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for that! I may go ahead and try out the budgeting applications, then, hopefully, we can be grandfathered into the upgrade later on if we so desire. I'll check out both of those links. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.