I cannot include a Payee column in the Report by Category. is there a fix for it?

Options
Manouch12
Manouch12 Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

The report by categoey used to include a Payee column. Now I t does not. Report by Payee does not include Category or tag. What report can I use to show Payees, accounts, categories, memo and tags?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Manouch12
    Manouch12 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your help. I now realize the Field Payee Name as it is named in the register is renamed in the report to be the "Description" colume. problem solved.

Thanks

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Use Reports → Spending and then either Itemized Categories or Itemized Payees. About the only report that is going to have all the fields a columns is the Reports → Banking → Transaction report.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As mentioned by @Chris_QPW , the Itemized Categories Report can be used for this purpose.

To see Transaction Detail with Payee Names and other detail columns, click Update to show and then click Transaction Detail in a popup.
    The Payee Name will appear in the Description column.

• Manouch12
    Manouch12 Member
    Options

This function shows all the details except for Payees names. How do I add a Payee Column to the detail transaction window?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Perhaps I should have been more clear in my earlier response … once you have clicked Update to show / Transaction Detail, the report will show each transaction's detail information. The Payee Name will appear in the Description column. Here's an example:

If the report was previously customized … might you have removed the Description column?

How about you show me an example of what you see … create an image snapshot file of the view in JPG, GIF or PNG format and include that image file with your next response.

• Manouch12
    Manouch12 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your help. I now realize the Field Payee Name as it is named in the register is renamed in the report to be the "Description" colume. problem solved.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.