Suggestions on how to track 15 CC Accounts via 1 payment (edit)

Options

I currently have 15 closed Credit Card (CC) Accounts that have substanial balances that are paid by one payment once each and every month to a single vendor (a Credit Counseling company).

This Credit Counseling vendor is listed as the Payee in my Bills View and monthly Budget view for each and every month. The payment will be made for the next 60 or so months to this Credit Counseling payee until all of the credit cards are paid off (at vastly reduced interest rates over the actual CC companies).

Should I somehow create CC accounts in Quicken for each of these closed credit card companies that still are getting paid monthly? How would I show payments?

I am interested in watching the balances go down but I could also monitor my debt reduction progress through my login at the Credit Counseling website. As an option, should I create a Debt (or whatever it is called) in Quicken Deluxe to track the total amount that I have arranged to pay the Credit Counseling payee for all of the 15 CC companies so I could watch the total amount owed go down over time? Suggestions, please.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

EDIT - have updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

Also added some white space for easier reading.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd go for simplicity. You really only have one payment, not 15. I'd create one account with the overall balance due.

If you don't need the history in the 15 accounts, I wouldn't add them because populating them with the old history would be a lot of work.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.