I have a suggestion (Q Mac)

Options
techngg
techngg Member

I'd like to manually enter bills and income but because my bank uses unique numbers each time a bill is paid I cannot connect them. The solutions wer to either enter a zero when I pay, or delete one of the duplicates when it is marked as paid, or leave it as unpaid so it shows up with a very passed due date.

None of these are very good so here is my suggestion to Quicken (how do I pass this on to them) "Mark as paid but don't enter in register"

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding the problem, but it might be that creating Renaming Rules could solve the problem. So if your bank sends a transaction Payee as "Home Depot 04062023 7899 0443" and you have a Renaming Rule like this:

…then the transaction in Quicken will be simply "Home Depot" each time — and if you have previously manually entered the transacitons, it should auto-match when the download takes place. (Or you can manually just drag one over the other to manually match them.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • techngg
    techngg Member
    Options

The problem is I'm trying to budge bills I pay electronically thorugh my bank. they come as check # xxxxxxxxxx and I can't even see the payee, so I cannot set up rules.

• techngg
    techngg Member
    Options

I guess I can just skip payment unless I want to rename every check

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Click on one of these transactions, and select View > Show Inspector. Near the bottom of the Inspector window, look for the line that says "Statement Payee". This is exactly what the bank is sending to Quicken, before anything in Quicken's servers or your local database touch it. If it shows there as "check # xxxxxxxxxx", then there's really nothing you, or Quicken, can do. You might want to reach out to support at your bank to complain that their exports to Quicken are wrong. The bank knows the Payee name, and could improve their export to Quicken to put the Payee name in the Payee field, and the check number in the Check # field.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.