Entries from one CC do not show "C" in the Clr column following Update.

Options
pawhitco
pawhitco Member ✭✭
I enter most transactions manually. When I update the accounts, a "C" is placed in the Clr column for all accounts except one specific account. This phenomenon started occurring during the fall of 2022. It didn't matter if the transaction was a purchase or a transfer from a banking account. With a purchase that I enter manually, the transaction would show correctly on the CC website and the online balance at the bottom of the Quicken Account Page would agree with the website but the "C" would not be placed in the Clr column. With a transfer from the bank to the CC that I manually initiate from the Bills and Income tab, the transaction is entered into both Quicken account pages and when updated, the bank account gets the "C" and the CC account does not.

Prior to the CC billing cycle that just ended, if I did not manually enter the "C" into the Clr column for one or more transactions, once the CC statement was available on line and I performed an update, the C would be entered into the Clr column during the update. During the download just performed today (CC statement for last month was complete) the Ending Balance and the On line balance were in agreement. I had intentionally not entered any "C" into the Clr column for the entire month and during this update, not a single "C" was entered into the Clr column for this particular CC. Any suggestions? Is this a Quicken problem? Is this problem with the individual CC company?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What bank are you having the problem with? Is this your only account at that bank?

When you do TOOLS, Account List …what shows as the dowmload method for that account? What's the Last Dowwmload date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• pawhitco
    pawhitco Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for responding. I hesitate at this point to give you the names of the institutions, however, I will give more info and answer your other questions. I have a second account (ON-Line Savings) with the bank that issued the "problem" card. There are few transactions with the savings account but I don't seem to have the same problem with the savings account.

When I did TOOLS, Account List, my regular checking accounts showed "Direct Connect", my other CC accounts showed "Express Web Connect+", the "problem" CC showed "Improve Connection" (the account page showed "Express Web Connect" (No + followed the word "Connect"). The savings account with the same institution as the problem CC was the same as the problem CC. The last update for all of my accounts was executed on 4/7/2023.
  • pawhitco
    pawhitco Member ✭✭
    Options
    Additional Comment: Yesterday, 4/7 (the day after the billing cycle ended), I marked the individual transactions as Cleared. I did a new update this morning. All 14 transactions were then automatically marked Reconciled during the update. In addition, a 15th transaction (a duplicate entry for the statement payment which had been marked Reconciled) was entered during the update and was marked as Cleared. Apparently the bank marks the transactions as either Reconciled or Cleared once a month, two days after the billing cycle has ended. As I mentioned above, as the billing cycle progresses and updates are performed, the ending balance in my account register and the on-line balance near the bottom of the account register page are in agreement (indicating) that the CC company, Discover, is processing the transactions but just not noting to Quicken that the transaction is "Cleared".
This discussion has been closed.