Paycheck deductions calculated across different payments

Options
AFNY
AFNY Member

Hello, how do I add the total pay period deductions from my paycheck if the final net pay is divided into different accounts? I.E. let's say gross pay is 10k, dedications/insurance/taxes/etc are 4k, the net pay is 6k and it goes into a checking account for 3k and the rest 3k to a saving account. Where do I enter the 4k deductions?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

So you have your employer split your net pay into two separate deposit transactions?

I would enter the transaction in your checking account as a $3,000 deposit, with the first split being your personal income category for $10,000, then splits for various withholdings, and then a split for a $3,000 transfer to the savings account (e.g. Category="Transfer:[savings account name]").

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@AFNY What @jacobs describes is how I used to handle my paychecks, which at times I had divided across as many as three accounts (checking, savings & IRA). I always put the main transaction into checking since that's where the majority of my net pay went. In your case since it's split 50/50 you could put it in either checking or savings; I'd recommend you put it in which ever account you use as your primary spending account, which I would assume is checking.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

is this all dependent upon the employer physically doing the split -

vs somehow doing it within Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Ps56k2 I assume we're talking about making the Quicken transaction match the split that's being done by the employer. If you need to move money around yourself those would be separate transactions.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.