Chase stopped working today and Quicken does not show reauthorize button

Options
whodiini
whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta

Today, downloads of Chase accounts stopped working fior express web connect. According to Quicken's info page, I am supposed to get a request to reauthorize to the new way of downloading and tells me not not to reset of deactivate. No reauthorize request shows up, just an error that it doesnt work. How should I go about changing the connection method?

Comments

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

OK, did the usual. I have 2 chase accounts. First tried reset. It didnt quite work. Deactivated all my chase accts and reactivated online access. Had to do it twice, one time for each account. Worked. I wish Quicken didnt provide a way to do this that doesnt work and instead provide accurate instructions. This is for those who have the same issue. Just deactivate all your chase accounts, and reactivate online access for each account. It will ask you to log on to Chase and just follow the prompts.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@whodiini

"Deactivated all my chase accts and reactivated online access. Had to do it twice, one time for each account."

Could you elaborate on this?

When I deactivate all 3 of my wife's Schwab Accounts from downloading and then select one of the Accounts to reactivate, Schwab finds all 3 of the accounts and asks if these are the accounts that I want to reactivate. I say "yes" and proceed with the process of linking these accounts to their Quicken counterparts. Everything seems OK, but the Accounts still are not getting downloads.

So, when you deactivate all the Chase Accounts and then start the reactivate process using one of the Chase Quicken Accounts, I assume Chase, too, finds all the Chase accounts you've previously set up for downloading and asks, "are these the accounts?" Do you then de-select all the accounts Chase is showing you except for the one Chase Account in which you started the reactivation process? And then do this again and again, only selecting the one account Chase is showing you that aligns with the Quicken Account you're attempting to get re-connected?

Or is the "twice, one time for each account" some other process?

This discussion has been closed.