Is Reconciliation functioning accurately?

Options
hrfriberg
hrfriberg Member

I just updated my Quicken for Mac account and now the program will not allow me to input a balance or to change the dates the reconciliation is to end. Is this happening to others? How have you overcome the problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you land on the main reconciliation screen, it means the program thinks you started a reconciliation (even if you haven't checked off any transactions yet). Clicking Back goes back one step, to the Reconcilaition startup screen, where you can enter your ending date and balance.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Options

When you click on Reconcile, are you seeing the "How would you like to reconcile your balance" screen? If yes, is the radio button for "Use statement balance" selected?

• hrfriberg
    hrfriberg Member
    Options

No, when I enter the reconcile function, it immediately has the "Statement ending" and "Quicken" balance and "difference" screen. There is no opportunity to make any choices. It's puzzling!

• jacobs
    Options

Click the Back button, and that should take you back to the starting screen.

• hrfriberg
    hrfriberg Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I hadn't thought of what 'back" might mean in this context!

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you land on the main reconciliation screen, it means the program thinks you started a reconciliation (even if you haven't checked off any transactions yet). Clicking Back goes back one step, to the Reconcilaition startup screen, where you can enter your ending date and balance.

• hrfriberg
    hrfriberg Member
    Options

Thanks so much, Jacobs, for your help. I'm up and going again!

This discussion has been closed.