How Can We Get Roundpoint Mortgage Support in Quicken?

Like many Mr.Cooper mortgage holders, we got unceremoniously switched to Roundpoint Mortgage this week. Roundpoint Mortgage does n't support third-party apps like Quicken according to the rep I spoke to. This is inexcusable in my view in 2022. If Quicken's secure enough for Amex, etc, what's Roundpoint's malfunction?
Is there anything Quicken can do to get this happening?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Quicken can't/doesn't do anything; the financial institution must decide to support Quicken. Some companies don't support third-party applications like Quicken because there may be fees charged by Intuit (Quicken's connectivity service supplier) and there is some amount of technical support inevitably required. But you'd need to ask Roundpoint why they don't support Quicken, or if they will.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2cents' worth …
    I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage accounts for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment from your checking account. That process runs much smoother.
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up as credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register. However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

This discussion has been closed.