Bills&Income -- correct last payment date

Options

Hi, last moths payment date is showing as being applied to a future date. How can the "Entered" date be corrected? As you can see it is sowing the bill that was paid on 3/24 is being applied to 4/22.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The amount to the right of the 22 Apr box is what will be paid on April 22.

The amount under "Entered" is your previous payment, whaich was was paid on March 24.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options

The amount to the right of the 22 Apr box is what will be paid on April 22.

The amount under "Entered" is your previous payment, whaich was was paid on March 24.

• Allen109
    Allen109 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ah, seems a silly question now that you answered it, because that's what it says. As an explanation, it is the only entry in the Last payment column and I was concentrating horizontally not vertically and reading it as when I entered that payment. Before posting this question I deleted the entry and reentered it and the date stayed March 24 until I started Quicken this morning, now it's Apr 11. Is there a way to correct that date? If not then it's a consideration when doing maintenance in my register. I guess its not a big deal, it will not be there next month. I have used Quicken for many, many years and just started with the Budgets and Bills & Income section, it has been an interesting experience.

Thank you

• Jim_Harman
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean by "deleted the entry and reentered it". Did you delete the transaction in the account's register after accepting the reminder?

The date under "Entered" shows the last date you accepted the reminder, indicating that you paid on that date. When you click on the Enter button at the right and accept or supply the date and amount, Quicken accepts the reminder, records the transaction in your register, and the reminder updates the "Entered" information and moves on to the next due date. The transaction in the register is not linked to the reminder. Any further changes you make in the register (such as editing or deleting the transaction) are not reflected back in the reminder.

You can click on the little down arrow next to the Enter button to make different choices such as skipping, editing, or deleting the reminder. If you want, you can select "Edit this instance and all future instances" to set the next due date back to this month and accept the reminder again. This will put another transaction in your register and change the Entered date. If you have manually changed the original transaction, you will have a duplicate and you will probably want to delete it.

• Allen109
    Allen109 Member ✭✭
    Options
    [{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"\"Did you delete the transaction in the account's register after accepting the reminder?\" Yes, I deleted it and then re-entered it. I wanted to see what would happen. I would expect the date of the transaction to be the date of the acceptance, but it was not. It is interesting that an accepted reminder cannot be revised. Unless you are curious and want to continue this we can end here. You did answer my original post."}]},{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"Thank you"}]}]
  • Jim_Harman
    Options

To be clear, accepting a Reminder creates a transaction in the register. The Reminder remembers the amount and date of the last transaction it created and displays it under "Entered", but it is not linked to the transaction. If you modify the transaction, it does not affect the reminder.

• Allen109
    Allen109 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Interesting maybe its the way I use it, or because I am still in process of getting reminders to match to payments. I do not use Quickens Bill Manager to make payments. For this payment I use auto pay and then accept the downloaded transaction from my bank. I then select the registry entry, double click the reminder and then accept as the payment for the month. This is different from a pay reminder in which I get a match or can manually match. I have on occasion, while learning how this works, matched the incorrect payment to reminder. (I have experienced this with tax payments also). Once a transaction is match to a reminder there does not seem to be a way to correct it. I had not noticed yesterday but removing the transaction seems to have made that reminder forget the amount and the date. Now it keeps pace with the current date and there is no amount.
    Yesterday it said Apr 11, today Apr 12. I wonder what it is attached to?
    Thank you for responding.
This discussion has been closed.