Bank download missing transactions

Options

I have been having this problem for about 6-12 months (mostly since the method of downloading from banks changed). From multiple banks (Bank of AMerica, Chase, and American Express cards now). Online downloads brings back recent transactions but leaves 'gaps' in prior history.

Today I called customer support (Amy) and s she said this was the bank's decision on changing to a new method and they choose what trx to send?! Sounded really fishy… to me it sounds like a bug. But no - she claims that is bank's decision and we can always go to bank website and download QFX and then upload (yes like I did 5 years ago). Or manually enter transactions (like I did 10 years ago LOL).

So I asked to cancel my subscription renewal. Not sure what the point is of subscription if I'm manually entering data anyways.

Would love to hear from someone else at Quicken if Amy is accurate here.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Today I called customer support (Amy) and s she said this was the bank's decision on changing to a new method "

That is the case. It's the Financial Institution (FI) that determines if downloads will be allowed and the method used to get that information. Many FIs have chosen to abandon Direct Connect in favor of one or the other flavors of Express Web Connect. The FIs have an incentive to shed Direct Connect since they must pay Quicken to use that method, but they don't pay Quicken if they migrate to either version of EWC.

"and they choose what trx to send?"

To the best of my knowledge and belief that is not the case. The EWC download process works differently than the Direct Connect method but I've never heard anything along the lines of "The Financial institution decides what transactions they'll send you." What I have heard of though (and experienced myself) is "missing transactions" that in all ways, shapes and forms are exactly the same as transactions that DO download.

"we can always go to bank website and download QFX and then upload"

Again, that's at the discretion of the FI. Some FIs allow for QFX downloads, others don't.

In my opinion, if you've reported Quicken Amy's statements correctly, you got bad information.

This discussion has been closed.