Unlock with Apple Watch works on one Mac but not the other

Options

On one Mac (MacBook Pro, 12.6.5) I have Quicken installed (7.0.1) and everything works as expected, I'm prompted on my watch to unlock the Quicken data file.

On my primary Mac (Mac Mini, 13.3.1) also running Quicken Mac 7.0.1 the password dialog box pops up immediately even though 'Allow Apple Watch to unlock this file' is selected. The Apple Watch unlock used to work, but hasn't for a few weeks. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, deselected and reselected the "allow Apple Watch…' option. No change in the application behavior.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I've seen this mentioned by another user here. The suggestion was to go to Quicken > Settings > Security and uncheck "Allow Apple Watch to unlock this file"? Then enter the file password, and immediately re-check the checkbox and enter the file password. Quit Quicken, launch again, and prompt for Apple Watch is back. However, this user reported that the problem recurs after awhile. A Quicken moderator said the Mac team had looked into this and determined is was some macOS issue that they have no control over.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In System Settings under Touch ID & Password, try turning off Apple Watch unlock and turning it back on again. It may be that something got out of sync on the Mac OS side.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.