Why does transaction date suddenly change

Options
CynthiaF
CynthiaF Member ✭✭
I have a regular deposit for the end of each month, but once in a while - long after the deposit has been safely and correctly entered - the date suddenly changes. For example, the last entry on 2023-03-29 suddenly changed to 2026-07-29. It has happened a couple of times now. Is there a glitch in the program?

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you really using a date format in your system which is different from the default US-English MM/DD/YYYY date format or did you just type a special date format here to tell us what's happening?

In Quicken please check Edit / Preferences / Notify that all settings on this panel (except the one about reconcile reports which is optional) are enabled. That should prevent most accidental register transaction changes.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

1) Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND
    2) do you actually use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web browser-based app?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken.
    Could your problem be caused by Sync?

If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy

Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you really using a date format in your system which is different from the default US-English MM/DD/YYYY date format or did you just type a special date format here to tell us what's happening?

In Quicken please check Edit / Preferences / Notify that all settings on this panel (except the one about reconcile reports which is optional) are enabled. That should prevent most accidental register transaction changes.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@CynthiaF - Are you using the US version of Quicken or are you using the Canada version of Quicken. Your profile shows the Canada version. That date format you used (YYYY-MM-DD) is the international date format that is commonly used in Canada, right?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• CynthiaF
    CynthiaF Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it's the Canadian version, YYYY-MM-DD. Have gone into Preferences/Notify and made a couple of changes. Only time will tell if it actually works. This has only been happening the last couple of months, and I've used Quicken for years, so I was wondering if an update was the problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

1) Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND
    2) do you actually use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web browser-based app?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken.
    Could your problem be caused by Sync?

If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy

Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• CynthiaF
    CynthiaF Member ✭✭
    Options
    Wow, this really answers everything. I have the mobile app installed on my cell phone but never use it - I'm much more desktop friendly that mobile. I have turned Sync off and hopefully this will solve the problem. In retrospect, it has really only been happening since Sync was turned on. Thanks to all the people who answered - I'll be monitoring things very closely to see if the problem occurs again.
This discussion has been closed.