CitiCard Reconciling Issues

Options

I have a Costco Citicard account which is working just fine but my Citicard mastercard is totally messed up ever since downloading the most recent Quicken updates. All of a sudden the account has reconciling errors going back 3 years. I tried using the re-reconcile and reconcile history function and it just made matters worse. It seems to be overlooking transactions. Payments that were transferred from another account in Quicken don't seem to be showing up in the CitiCard account. BTW-I'm using a Mac desktop version. Using re-reconcile it shows one month adding the same amount for an adjustment and the next month subtracting an adjustment. But there are several months with the amount is different. What a nightmare.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Melanie Sherwood,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is your account connected by Quicken Connect or by Direct Connect? To check that, click on the account to select it, then go to Accounts>Settings and click on the Downloads tab. It will show you the financial institution and connection type there.

When you say its overlooking transactions, do you mean those transactions are not showing up in the reconcile, or do you mean they are not showing up in that account at all? Are these transactions that were previously in your register and went missing, or are these transactions that were never in your register, but haven't been downloading? You mentioned you're seeing it adding an amount with one adjustment, then the next month, removing that same amount. Is that connected to the missing transactions, or is that a separate issue? Also, when you refer to the most recent Quicken updates, are you referring to updates to the Quicken program or are you referring to the last few times it updated your accounts?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Melanie Sherwood
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me. I download most of my credit cards to Quicken and import transactions by double clicking on the qfx file. My Costco Citi card is on direct connect so I'm assuming my other Citi card was also on direct connect. To troubleshoot this account I turned off the connection…I believe it was direct connect. I reconcile my credit card statements every month, they're were no problems last month. Since doing the Quicken program updates I noticed the amount of charges on the account were far more than they should have been. When I went to reconcile this month it showed that it needed to be re-reconciled. When I opened the reconcilation history window it showed all these discrepancies going back 3 years. It showed transactions that had previously reconciled that needed to be "restored." I tried restoring the transactions but that just caused high dollar adjustments to be needed in the account when no adjustments were needed previously. I also noticed transfers being duplicated in reconciling. For example I hand-entered my balance payment as transferred from my credit union account and reconciled it in a previous month. Now it looks like Quicken has added an additional balance payment and marked it as reconciled (via autopay). Those transactions were not there before the Quicken program updates. This may be the root of the problem. I also see a large number of transactions that were categorized previously but are now marked uncategorized.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

You mentioned a couple different methods you use to update your accounts. Importing .QFX files and Direct Connect. Do you do both routinely? I ask because if you're both downloading using Direct Connect and then also importing transactions using .QFX files into the same account and for the same timeframe, that can sometimes result in duplicate transactions.

Since the unexpected behavior started after a Quicken program update, did you try restoring a backup from before the issue started? If not, I'd recommend trying that to see if the issue is resolved in the restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Melanie Sherwood
    Melanie Sherwood Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Occasionally, I have seen duplicate transactions. BTW - I didn't before doing the update. Wondering if I might have switched the account to direct connect accidentally. The duplicate transactions are EASY to spot and delete. What is maddening is trying to figure out are the reconciling issues. I tried to restore a backup from what I thought was when the issue started, but that was ineffective. I was only guessing what dates the updates were, there were several updates in a row from Quicken for Mac. I didn't know I needed to keep track of the dates I did updates. Do you have a list of updates made since March 1st. I guess I could try another restoration to make sure.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

This article gives the general timeframes for when the recent patches were released.

I hope that helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.