Can no longer add a payee to a brokerage account

Options
dpr56
dpr56 Member

V 7.0 seemed to break the ability to treat a brokerage account as a checking account. I have a brokerage account that I use as a checking account. Since 7.0 when I try to create a new transaction in that account the category defaults to "Investments:Buy" and cannot be changed. Also, the Action, Check # and Payee fields are unavailable. The only options available are those to buy a security. Oddly enough I have 3 other brokerage accounts that work as expected. It only seems to affect this one account.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not aware of any changes to brokerage accounts in version 7.0. (Mine appear to work as they have in the past.)

The Action, Check # and Payee fields would only be available if the transaction type is Payment/Deposit.

In this brokerage account, do you have the Type column visible? And are you able to pull down the menu from the default Buy to select Payment/Deposit?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not aware of any changes to brokerage accounts in version 7.0. (Mine appear to work as they have in the past.)

The Action, Check # and Payee fields would only be available if the transaction type is Payment/Deposit.

In this brokerage account, do you have the Type column visible? And are you able to pull down the menu from the default Buy to select Payment/Deposit?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dpr56
    dpr56 Member
    Options

BINGO! I removed that column and wasn't aware that it was needed.🤦‍♂️ Thanks for your help! All good now.

This discussion has been closed.