annual contribution report (Q Mac)

Options
jennie6639
jennie6639 Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Mac)

How can I get a detail report on all of our contributions for the year which is needed by our accountant?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Contributions to what? IRAs? 401Ks? Charities?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you're talking about charitable contributions, then you'd create a Transactions by Category report, select Edit, select Categories, select Clear All, and then check only the Charity category you use for your tax-deductible contributions.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

of course it all depends on what you have entered for whatever "contribution" you are looking for and if you have setup a "category" for those transactions

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In a new Quicken Mac data file, there is a default category called "Gifts & Donations:Charity", so many users who didn't use Quicken prior to the current generation of Quicken Mac use that. Or users may have created their own category(ies). I have a "Charity" category with "Tax Ded" and "Non-Tax Ded" subcategories, which I created three decades ago when there probably weren't many default categories!

But nowadays, fewer than 25% of Americans itemize deductions on their taxes, so for many people, careful tracking of charitable contributions is not as crucial as it once was.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.