Adding Tags (Q Mac)

Options
I have been using Quicken for quite a few years and love it of course, but I am embarrassed to say that i was not making use of TAGS. But now I want to. So I figured how to delete old tags that I had created (not sure how I did that over the years), anyhow now I created just the tags I need.

Issue is...I need to add the same tag to the multiple payees in the Bills and Income window. Is there a way to do that by not having to add them one by one to each payee. The tags are "Auto Pay" and "Manual Pay" I created...

Thanks for your help

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, that's not it. Go to the register of the account that the bills are paid from, whether that's checking or a credit card. Click on the little clock in the upper right and select a time period that will show you all the upcoming bills that you want to add tags to - assuming they're all monthly bills then "Next 30 Days" should probably do it. Then proceed as I described above.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes. Go to the account register where those transactions will take place (if they are in multiple accounts, use the All Transactions register). If necessary, change the reminders setting so you can see the next upcoming transaction for each of those payees. Select all the auto pay transactions, select Edit Transaction, and add the desired "Auto Pay" tag. Repeat with the manual pay transactions.

• Chuck Bosse
    Chuck Bosse Member ✭✭
    Options
    Little confused. I am in this view (see attached). Is this correct to add the tags for Bills + Income? I did add the column so that I can add tags.
  • Jon
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, that's not it. Go to the register of the account that the bills are paid from, whether that's checking or a credit card. Click on the little clock in the upper right and select a time period that will show you all the upcoming bills that you want to add tags to - assuming they're all monthly bills then "Next 30 Days" should probably do it. Then proceed as I described above.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Chuck Bosse I am folowing your discussion but do not see how you got the TAGS to appear on the Bils & Income page. I have looked and looked and see no way how you did that.

• Jon
    Options

@jobworker RIght click on one of the column headers and a pop-up menu of available columns appears.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@jobworker Just like in account registers, Control-click on any column heading, and a pop-up list of available columns appears; check Tags and away you go.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Jon That simple and I missed it. I was looking at VIEW and the menus. Thanks.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@jacobs Thanks.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It is also available in the View menu as View > Columns.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Chuck Bosse
    Chuck Bosse Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so much guys for your answer, I think I've got it now. Thanks Jon, appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.