Q Win Lifetime Planner: Planning assumptions doesn't list loans

Options
Sheila
Sheila Member ✭✭✭

The Planning Assumptions for the lifestime planner doesn't list my mortgage and car loan. I have associated these loans with the assets oustide of the planning assumptions.

When I try to add them to the planning assumptions dialog box, Quicken tells me that they're already in Quicken, which is correct.

Why aren't the planning assumptions picking up these loans?

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sheila there is a longstanding issue with the Lifetime Planner recognizing loans. This post has a possible solution:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for this information.

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

After you have time to look into this further, can you report back what you found, @Sheila ? Im interested in adding this to the development / fix list for LTP. It seems to be a problem for a few users. Regards

• Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sure thing

• Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I decided to start over with the loans and deleted them from Quicken. Then I went to the lifetime planner and added the mortgage. The mortgage was added to Quicken (it showed up in the account list) but it didn't show up in the lifetime planner. The same thing happened with the car loan I added.

I was able to successfully add my home and car as assets through the lifetime planner, and they showed up there and in the account list. And I linked each one to its corresponding loan. Still, the loan section in the lifetime planner is empty.

• Scooterlam
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Sheila Do you have both your loans setup to download transactions from the lender, by any chance?

• Scooterlam
    Options

@Sheila Did you check if you have completed the Loan Details Fields for those online lending accounts, as commented by @jnprop in the thread that @mshiggins sent earlier?

Excerpt here:

If so, can you try to turn off online services for one of you connected loans and see if it shows up in Lifetime Planner?

• Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The loan details show up outside of the lifetime planner.

I deactivated the online sync and the mortgage didn't show up in the LTP.

This discussion has been closed.