Account(s) Have Been Deleted

Options
LarryC
LarryC Member ✭✭✭

This morning, for 12 of my 14 accounts, I receive the error:

"It appears that one or more account(s) at […], Inc. have been deleted. This could happen if you have restored from a backup file. You must add the account(s) to Quicken again. Select Fix it to resolve this error. For more information see the FAQ."

The 12 accounts still exist at their respective financial institutions. I checked on their websites directly. The accounts are still present in Quicken. I have not restored from a backup file. Is this another glitch in the update process on the Quicken server? Will it resolve itself?

Comments

• Laura111
    Laura111 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having this same problem with my Chase accounts. It seems to have started since the last Quicken update. I have reported the issue Quicken but as as today they have done nothing about it. Very frustrating especially since WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS.

• LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I gave up waiting for this problem to resolve itself. I reset each " deleted " account to restore the online services.

In resetting the accounts, the software altered the opening balance on several of them. There did not seem to be a pattern for this behavior, nor any reason why it needed to happen. I had to reset the opening balance back to zero to bring the accounts back into balance.

This is another instance where I needed to spend time and effort to correct problems introduced by the software. This has been a continuing struggle for me over the many years that I have been using Quicken.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Opening Balance dollar amount changing has been an occasional issue with Reset Account or Deactivate/Reactivate accounts. It is recommended that the dollar amount of the Opening Balance transaction be entered into the Memo field of that transaction. This is important because in many cases with older accounts the Opening Balance transaction will correctly be something other than $0. Doing this makes it easy to know whether or not the dollar amount in the register has been changed and what to correct it to.Deactivate/Reactivate.

I sometimes also get that message. Often it is caused by an issue where the Quicken server times out during OSU or there is some other connection issue (especially on weekends and holidays). When I get this error message I will usually do the following:

1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now. This will often resolve the issue. (Update Now is OSU but for just the one Financial Institution.)
    2. If it does not resolve the issue: Try doing OSU, again, later in the day or the next day.
    3. If that does not resolve the issue: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account. If prompted, make sure to select the correct account and be sure to Link the download with the current account already set up in Quicken.
    4. If that does not resolve the issue: Try doing OSU, again, on the next business day.
    5. If that does not resolve the issue: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set Up Now. If prompted, make sure to Link the download(s) with the current account(s) already set up in Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.