Account Adjustment After Reconciling

Options
Shannon
Shannon Member ✭✭✭
I have looked everywhere and have found no answer that works for me. Every time I reconcile my checking account (every day), I have to make an adjustment. One day it might be $20, the next it might be $1200. Recently, I got so fed up that I deleted Q and reinstalled it. When I downloaded all my accounts into the new Q, they reconciled, but the next day my checking account started all over again needing to enter an adjustment. I've already gone back and verified the last two months of bank statements and everything in my Q matches my statements. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you say that you reconcile your checking account every day, what does that mean, exactly? Because of your use of the active voice I assume you don't have the Account set to "Reconcile to online balance" but are instead, each evening, clicking on the Account's gearwheel and then clicking on "Reconcile", but what are you reconciling to? Are you going online to the bank's site and using the balance you see there, or are you using the "Online Balance" Quicken is presenting to you based on the most recent download?

This discussion has been closed.