Has anyone figured out how to edit the date of multiple transactions simultaneously?

Options
jbomz
jbomz Member

I track my monthly transactions on a cash flow basis, so I am more interested in when the transaction (primarily credit card) has been paid than on when the transaction occurred. I confirmed with Quicken Support that you can only edit the payee and the category, but not the date. Therefore, I am forced to edit each transaction individually rather than highlight a group and change the date all at one time.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

You are correct; there is no way to mass edit transaction dates. For most purposes and most people, the date a transaction occured or was posted is the date desired, so there's no need for mass editing of dates.

I'm trying to understand what you do and want to do. You have a credit card account in Quicken, right? And do you download your transactions from the credit card company? From a cash flow standpoint, each credit card transaciton increases what you owe, but only the monthly payment of the credit card bill affects your cash flow. And if you want to monitor what your upcoming bill will be, the sidebar always shows the current total liability of the credit card account. Are you saying that you want to move all the transactions from the prior month into the current month so your credit card expenses are in the same month as the payment? I'm not sure I understand the benefit of doing that… and I don't know of a way to do that in one step.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

You are correct; there is no way to mass edit transaction dates. For most purposes and most people, the date a transaction occured or was posted is the date desired, so there's no need for mass editing of dates.

I'm trying to understand what you do and want to do. You have a credit card account in Quicken, right? And do you download your transactions from the credit card company? From a cash flow standpoint, each credit card transaciton increases what you owe, but only the monthly payment of the credit card bill affects your cash flow. And if you want to monitor what your upcoming bill will be, the sidebar always shows the current total liability of the credit card account. Are you saying that you want to move all the transactions from the prior month into the current month so your credit card expenses are in the same month as the payment? I'm not sure I understand the benefit of doing that… and I don't know of a way to do that in one step.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.