I had to reinstall Quicken so lost all my account information.

Options
paulbacchi
paulbacchi Member ✭✭
Do I have to set up Quicken before doing a restore since all of my accounts no longer exist in the new version?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you did the reinstall you should have been prompted to answer whether your installation was a new install or if you were reinstalling.

If you clicked on new install, then the default would have been to set up Quicken as if you had never had it installed before and it would have created a new data file with no information it it.

If you clicked on reintstall, then you should have been asked if you wanted to restore a backup file or if you wanted to open an existing data file.

Regardless, at this point if you know where you used to save your data file(s), click on File > Open Quicken File > navigate to where the file(s) are saved > click on the appropriate file > Open.

If you don't know where you had previously saved your data files, go to Files > Find Quicken Files. When the tool has completed running you will see a list of all the Quicken data files on your hard drive. Note where they are located and follow the process noted in the previous paragraph.

When your data file opens, it should include all the data you expected to see.

Did this resolve your issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you did the reinstall you should have been prompted to answer whether your installation was a new install or if you were reinstalling.

If you clicked on new install, then the default would have been to set up Quicken as if you had never had it installed before and it would have created a new data file with no information it it.

If you clicked on reintstall, then you should have been asked if you wanted to restore a backup file or if you wanted to open an existing data file.

Regardless, at this point if you know where you used to save your data file(s), click on File > Open Quicken File > navigate to where the file(s) are saved > click on the appropriate file > Open.

If you don't know where you had previously saved your data files, go to Files > Find Quicken Files. When the tool has completed running you will see a list of all the Quicken data files on your hard drive. Note where they are located and follow the process noted in the previous paragraph.

When your data file opens, it should include all the data you expected to see.

Did this resolve your issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.