Print an Account Register with separate columns for Payment/Increase and Deposit/Decrease

JWClevenger
JWClevenger Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

How do I print an Account Register that looks like the screen view? That view has the date, payee, Account/Category, memo, Increase/Payment, Decrease/Deposit, and Balance.

I tried to get an Itemized report this morning and finally got one that showed "Expense" and "Transfer" tansactions grouped together. The Expense numbers were exported as labels. It is attached. But I cannot repeat it.

Please help on either solution.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you try customizing the report and adding the columns you want? Check the gear icons at the top.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• JWClevenger
    JWClevenger Member ✭✭

I did customize the report to get only the one account. The column selection did not have Increase or Decrease which means they both were there. There was a Balance column. I also specified a 1 year period.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To print a register, open the account to display the register, and press CTRL P.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no report that includes exactly the same columns as a banking account register. The Ctrl-P or File / Print <account name> method just has Amount and not Payment or Deposit. It does include the running balance.

The "Register report", accessed from the account's gear menu > More reports, is another way to view your account transactions. This is a customized version of the Banking Transaction report, and has the Payee in the Description column. It has an Amount column but not Payment or Deposit. It also does not have the running balance.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

@Jim_Harman just tried CTRL P with a checking account in QW2017. The register has payment and deposit columns and the printed report has payment and deposit columns.

Edit to add:

Register is set to 2-line display.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting - It appears to be the same in R49.22.

Regardless of the columns selected to display in the register, the columns printed with Ctrl-P in 1-line mode are

Date Num Payee Cat Memo Amt Clr Bal

In 2-line mode it is

Date Num Transaction Payment C Deposit Balance

The Transaction column is a variable number of lines with the Payee in the first line. The following lines have Category and Memo if they are populated. Again it does not depend on what columns are selected to display.

IIRC there was a discussion recently where someone was struggling with the export format when their register was in 2-line mode.

QWin Premier subscription
  • JWClevenger
    JWClevenger Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

Thank you all for your comments.

I was able to recreate the report that I was able to use. It was the Itemized Payee report Customized for date and payee. It had Expenses and Transfers by date and subtotaled. Amounts were in the same column when I exported.

The CTL-P or print Transactions report looks like the one attached below. The columns are: DATE, NUM, PAYEE, CATEGORY, MEMO, AMOUNT, C, BALANCE, and S(Split). The amount column shows both increases and decreases(charges and payments) in the same column so it does not look like the register.

This discussion has been closed.