Issue with Adding a New Security

JModica
JModica Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Was hoping someone could help on an issue I'm having with adding a new security. I use Quicken Premier Version R48.15 Building 27.1.48.15 on a Windows 11 desktop. I just did a rebalancing on my 401K and have some new investments to add. When I go to the Security List and hit Add Security, I get the pop up box to enter the security name or ticker symbol. When I enter either, all I see is blue circle churning away with nothing coming up in the box for the particular investment. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Do NOT clear out old securities. That would leave your Inv acct WILDY out of balance because those txn would have to be removed first.

82 txn (it's a good thing that the nbrs match) is fairly small. I've got 179.

In Hidden, or unhidden, securities, is the SYMBOL for the new security previously used?

Also, have you tried taking a backup, Validating your file and the trying to re-create the security.
    And is there anything different about this security? What is it? What symbol.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA

Perhaps, have you previously owned this security and Hidden it? Click "Show Hidden Securities" to research.

Also, hold down the Shift key and do HELP, About Quicken. What shows besides "Securities Max/Ref"?

• JModica

I tried the Hidden Securities and the investment is not shown. 82/82 is shown beside securities max/ref. I assume I'll need to clear out some old securities so I can add the new ones?

• NotACPA
    Answer ✓

Do NOT clear out old securities. That would leave your Inv acct WILDY out of balance because those txn would have to be removed first.

82 txn (it's a good thing that the nbrs match) is fairly small. I've got 179.

In Hidden, or unhidden, securities, is the SYMBOL for the new security previously used?

Also, have you tried taking a backup, Validating your file and the trying to re-create the security.
    And is there anything different about this security? What is it? What symbol.

• JModica

Doing the backup and retrying worked. Thanks for the help!

This discussion has been closed.