Can I still use quicken 2015?

Options

My computer did a hard restart and I needed to reinstall quicken 2015 . I could get pass the intruit Id but I read here to install the latest patch but now I can't get pass the quicken Id I get a blank white block. Any fixes for this?

I only have my last back up of my quicken file and the quicken cd

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, unless you saved a copy of the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI file, you won't be able to get Quicken to run again.

See:

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you were able to get passed the Intuit ID login, I would reinstall from the CD and leave the install at the CD version. At least you'll be able to access the data that way.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

@mshiggins, if the OP doesn't have a copy of the old C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI file, I don't believe the reinstall of Quicken 2015 will function.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OP states "I could get pass the intruit Id …". I take that to mean they were able to access their data.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

You can get past the login but then you will see your data briefly and get a blank screen. I've tried to get Quicken 2015, 2016 and 2017 working without success since I don't have an old copy of the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI file.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jose993 - If you do not have that Quicken.ini file from your previous Quicken 2015 installation, then to be able to access your Quicken data file you will need to upgrade to Quicken Subscription.

After the subscription expires (after 1 year) you can decide whether or not to renew your subscription. If you choose to not renew your subscription you will lose all online services but you will still be able to use Quicken manually (except for Starter edition which will become read-only).

If you choose not to renew your subscription there will be a banner taking up about 20%-25% of the Quicken screen reminding you to resubscribe. There is no way to remove that banner except by resubscribing. While some consider the banner to be a nuisance it should be noted that the banner does not impare manual use functionality.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.