Paycheck split deposit account has a blank line for a savings account that is missing

Options
riegelj
riegelj Member

The Net Pay amount refects the amount for the blank line. I noticed the savings account is also missing from my account list. I added the account back and can add it back to the paycheck using the Add Deposit Account, but then the Net Pay amount is off by the amount that is not visible on the blank line.

I tried validate and super validate neither fixed my problem. Entering the paycheck into the register and then using ctrl + shift + s to see the split gave me an opportunity to fix the problem for that entry. I was able to add the new deposit account and amount but then had to enter a positive value for the blank line to get the correct Net Pay amount.

Comments

• skidog
    skidog Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

I am having the same problem, as so is other users. I ran the regular validate and the supper validate. That did not fix the problem. I constantly have to go in and do a controll + Shift + S to remove the the empty lines. Then add the correct savings line. I have made numerous attempts to edit the payroll entry through manage bills and Income. Every time I try to add the correct account, all it does is make another blank line.

[Removed - Personal Information]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @skidog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue start? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)?  The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.