Portfolio view Average annual return total % incorrect

Rick  B
Rick B Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)

In Portfolio view the % totals for avererage annual return are incorrect. At the secuity level all %'s match exactly . At the Dollar level they are correct for totals . % totals are off by quite a bit . As example ytd in performance report is 24.17% in portfolio view it is 15.03%. Not sure what else I can look at to find the problem .

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

In the Portfolio view, isn't there a Customize button to the right of the As of entry?

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman

The YTD Avg Annual Return (%) numbers are the same for me.

Make sure "No security (includes cash)" is included in both places.

Make sure hidden Securities are included in both places. Don't trust the "Include all" button, select Show Hidden securities then click on Include all

Also in the Portfolio views, newly added securities are not included by default, you must select them.

Make sure the same accounts are included in both places, including any Hidden or Separate accounts

As a check, the End Mkt Value in the IPR should match the total of the Market column in the Portfolio view.

• Rick  B

Thank you Jim

The end market values match , I can confirm all of your suggested checks in the performance reports. In the portfolio view the options are limited . I cannot select acounts , there is no option for includes cash as examples . The piece that is puzzling is that the $ amounts match exactly . I cannot understand how the dollars could be correct and the % not .

• Jim_Harman

In the Investing > Portfolio views you can click on Customize and select accounts and securities to include in the views.

• Rick  B

Thanks Jim , I canot select accounts to include in portfolio view . That is kind of a moot point , all accounts are selected in both reports.

As I mentioned $ amounts match , the %'s do not

• Jim_Harman
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

In the Portfolio view, isn't there a Customize button to the right of the As of entry?

• Rick  B

Got it thanks . Selected all accounts and all securities and the %'s now match but the dollar amounts are off . Thanks for pointing me in what I hope is the right direction . I have some work to do to try to find the differences .

This discussion has been closed.