Sold Stock and Need to Split Out the Proceeds

Options
QuickMakesMeCrazy
QuickMakesMeCrazy Member
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)

A client recently sold stock and the proceeds were split between the Investment cash account and the Investment bank account. When I go to split out the proceeds from the sale, I can't. In the "Record Proceeds" area, it is greyed out and I am unable to change it. There is also no Split symbol to be found.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It appears that this account is set in Quicken to show cash in a checking account. Thus all sales proceeds go to the Emma USbancorp 9342 account. If part of the proceeds end up in another account, you could record that as a transfer from the 9342 account.

Or you could add a split to the 9342 account side of the transfer, with half of the total recorded as a transfer to the other account, entered as a negative number. Thus half of the sale proceeds wil be added to each account.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It appears that this account is set in Quicken to show cash in a checking account. Thus all sales proceeds go to the Emma USbancorp 9342 account. If part of the proceeds end up in another account, you could record that as a transfer from the 9342 account.

Or you could add a split to the 9342 account side of the transfer, with half of the total recorded as a transfer to the other account, entered as a negative number. Thus half of the sale proceeds wil be added to each account.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@QuickMakesMeCrazy this is a public forum. You should not be posting pictures that reveal your or your client's personal financial info. I'm flagging your post for a moderator to redact or remove the picture.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.