Why is the Banking total on the sidebar Incorrect? (Q Mac)

Options
RDym
RDym Member ✭✭

On the sidebar the Banking total which should be the sum of cash and savings is incorrect?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nope, not new; it's been this way since modern Quicken Mac was launched in 2014.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Think of the “Banking” group as your non-investment accounts. But if you want, you can see a subtotal of just the Cash accounts (checking, savings, and petty cash accounts) in the sidebar. Go to sidebar settings where you can turn "Sub-Group Balances" on or off.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you narrow it down to which account? You might have a future dated transactions?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    Options

Banking also includes credit cards.

In Sidebar Settings, do you have it set to Today's Balance or one of the other options?

It's hard to tell you why your total doesn't match what you're expecting to see without more information about what accounts you have and what is off.

• RDym
    RDym Member ✭✭
    Options
    Good catch..it was the credit cards being including under the banking total that through me off. Is this new, I never noticed it before? Thanks
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nope, not new; it's been this way since modern Quicken Mac was launched in 2014.

• RDym
    RDym Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thxs Jacobs..I must have not noticed this before. I'm not sure I understand why banking/cash includes Credit Cards, in Mint it doesn't which is nice because it gives you a total cash number, not a net cash number which I find more helpful. Richard
  • jacobs
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Think of the “Banking” group as your non-investment accounts. But if you want, you can see a subtotal of just the Cash accounts (checking, savings, and petty cash accounts) in the sidebar. Go to sidebar settings where you can turn "Sub-Group Balances" on or off.

• RDym
    RDym Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jacobs...got it..thanks
This discussion has been closed.