Issues with Bill Reminders [Edited]

Options
EditorScott
EditorScott Member ✭✭

[Removed - Rant]

I'm using R49.22 Build 27.1.49.22 on Windows 10

I noticed yesterday that all of my Auto Enter Reminders went to manual enters when I synced to the cloud. So, I set them back and synced. And they went back to "manual." So I set them back and reset my cloud data. And it set them back to manual. What a joke.

Then I noticed today that, not only did it change how they would be entered into the register, it also changed all my "twice a month" reminders to "monthly" on one date. So, my reminder for my paycheck went from twice a month to once a month. So I reset it. Guess what? The sync changed it to monthly from twice a month again. How are we supposed to budget when the program keeps pulling the rug out from under us?

So I wanted to test. So I started a new reminder to be used "twice a month" on the 15th and 30th. I set this reminder for $100. I set the first date to be 5/15/23. I synced. This [Removed - Rant] program synced and changed the reminder to be "monthly" with the first date being 4/30/23. You have to be kidding. [Removed - Rant]

Add to this the broken error you get when you sync accounts. You've encountered an error...would you like to fix it? Sure, Quicken...do your magic. It's fixed! Cool. Resync. You've encountered an error...would you like to fix it?

Also, if you edit an amount of a reoccurring reminder, it changes the date it occurs upon sync...if it doesn't set the reminder to skip the thing completely.

This is incredibly frustrating. [Removed - Rant]

This is on Intuit's end. Everything is fine until I sync.

Comments

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

So sad, so many issues with R49.22, so many posts about so many different issues with R49.22, so sad so many paying customers seeing their files manipulated, settings changed, and so many other bugs.

So sad that it is being normalized that the majority of new updates have issues. So sad that the issues may be caused by the financial institution, or by Quicken, or by Intuit, or by all of the above. So sad the customers have to suffer dealing with issues instead of just managing their finances,

So sad it has become my habit to never install a new update until the issues get fixed.

I have been a customer of Quicken since the days of " DOS" and not looking to change but something at Quicken really needs to change I think.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

So, I tried to keep the cloud out of it, so I can - at least - budget for the month. So, on the "one step update" screen I uncheck "Sync to Quicken Cloud." Cool. It syncs it anyway [Edited - Readability].

The only way to have it not sync is to go into the menus and turn off the function completely. So....broken [Edited - Readability]!.

• EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also like how you can completely bypass the password on the sync by pressing "skip." F- security.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @EditorScott,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)?

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Additionally, what you are describing with clicking skip to bypass password requirements sounds like you are being prompted for the password vault password. The only passwords that would be stored in the vault would be accounts that are connected by Direct Connect. Any financial institution connected by Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect + doesn't store passwords in Quicken and would still be able to update without needing a vault password.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Quicken Kristina you typed (in part): Additionally, what you are describing with clicking skip to bypass password requirements sounds like you are being prompted for the password vault password. The only passwords that would be stored in the vault would be accounts that are connected by Direct Connect. Any financial institution connected by Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect + doesn't store passwords in Quicken and would still be able to update without needing a vault password.

Can I get a bit of clarification? See the following Example…

I have many financial Institutions with several accounts at each institution. All institutions use EWC or EWC+ and I use the vault to update all institutions and all accounts at the same time. Since all institutions and the accounts are EWC or EWC+ does your words above indicate that outside of my vault (which is password protected) I can click on any account in my list of accounts and update it without needing to type the user name and password for that institution or will I be asked for the username and password? I would just try to update 1 account outside of the vault but hesitate by not knowing what will occur and not wanting to mess up my update process thru the vault.

THX

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes. It's on the C drive. It's the only place it appears.
  • EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    Options
    And if I'm understanding you correctly. The password is not a password to update, but to the vault.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, the password is for the vault.

I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

@retird,

If all your accounts are connected by EWC or EWC+, then you could update them without the vault password. If you have a password vault set up, you will probably be prompted the first time you update, but you're able to skip and it would still update.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    Options
    Validated and Super Validated. No errors. I resynced to the cloud and it did the same thing; "twice a month" reminders turned into "monthly" and Auto-Enter reminders turned into manual reminders. I've disconnected the cloud once again.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step would be restoring a backup from before the issues started (if possible) and testing to see if the issues are still happening in the newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yup. Did that multiple times. That was easier than manually setting things back. Still no change.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1) Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND
    2) do you actually use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web browser-based app?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken.
    Could be your problem is caused by Sync.

If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes and Yes. I have reset my cloud data multiple times with no change.

For funzies, I just started a whole new file. 1 account. 1 reminder which was twice a month, automatically entered. The cloud sync changed it to monthly and killed the auto enter.

It's the cloud. It's broken. I guess that was my ultimate point. It's broken and needs fixing. I don't want to pay a yearly fee to a company with this much functionality broken in their software.
  • Patrick Bimonte
    Patrick Bimonte Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with the "Twice a month" reminder turning into a Monthly reminder upon sync, and from looking at these forums, we aren't the only two having this problem. I really like Quicken, but the SQA group needs to step up their game.
This discussion has been closed.