Navy Federal 2FA

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭

Currently, Navy Federal Credit Union is the only account I have to put in 2FA during OSU.

Is Quicken in any talks with them to authorize so 2FA isn't necessary?

Thanks,

Greg

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Greg Brown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Have you checked the financial institution's website to see if there are any account settings that may reduce the odds of getting pinged for 2FA, such as a remember this computer option? Have you checked the security settings on your web browser? If it is overly restrictive with blocking cookies, sometimes that can keep the financial institution from recognizing the device. Have you spoken with Navy Federal about this issue?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reminder. Navy forced 2FA on me some time ago. After your response, I checked my browser settings and I was deleting cookies whenever I closed the browser. I have set Navy to save… Thanks very much. 😊

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear you were able to correct the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well… I was too quick with my response. While I can now sign into Navy Federal with my browser and not have to enter 2FA, Quicken still prompts me for that info during OSU….

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Quicken has no control over the financial institution's security requirements, but if you want to test to see if it may be a file specific issue in your Quicken, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. First save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

it’s not a file issue, I’ve already done that. That’s why I added the second paragraph in my original question.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Have you already spoken to Navy Federal Credit Union about this issue? If you haven't spoken to them yet, I would recommend reaching out to them first. If you have spoken with them and they told you to talk to us, then I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you say "Quicken has no control over the financial institution's security requirements" then why have I received the following over the years…

"Quicken has partnered with Chase for a faster, more reliable connection. "

"Quicken has partnered with Bank of America for a faster, more reliable connection."

"Quicken has partnered with USAA for a faster, more reliable connection."

"Quicken has partnered with American Express for a faster, more reliable connection. "

"Quicken has partnered with PNC for a faster, more reliable connection. "

"You linked your Capital One account(s) to Quicken. To manage the data you’re sharing or unlink any of your Linked Apps, please review your security settings.

Banking relies on trust, and protecting your information is just as important to us as protecting your finances. To learn more about how Quicken uses and shares your data, please read their privacy policy"

So back to my original question:

Is Quicken in any talks with Navy Federal to authorize so 2FA isn't necessary?

Thanks,

Greg

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @"Greg Brown"

I cannot answer your last question specifically about "talks with Navy Federal", but I can tell you that I am personally happy to have the two factor authorization process as part of the NFCU download process. I may be old fashioned, but I would much prefer more security than less with respect to my financial information, within Quicken or otherwise. Additionally, I have observed that "faster… connections are never "more reliable". Just sayin'

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Those notices you are referring to are specifically for the change to the Express Web Connect + connection method. The change is a response to many financial institutions adopting a standardized connection protocol known as FTX and phasing out support for Express Web Connect and Direct Connect as a result of that change.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.