Reconciliation dates are wrong

Options
Edward Houston
Edward Houston Member ✭✭

I am having trouble with two accounts when using reconciliation. In one case I get :There are no uncleared items to reconcile" and in the other, the reconciliation balance is wrong.

The common connections is that both accounts a reconciled with "online" balances and those balances ARE correct, the Quicken date date associated with those balances is about 3 weeks old. This is 5/1/2023, and one account shows 4/8/2023 and the other shows 4/9/2023.

Quicken is correctly downloading the balance from the credit card company, but not updating the date [Edited-Readability] it was downloaded.

I suspect nothing in reconciliation is going to work right until Quicken fixes this! [Edited-Readability]

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @Edward Houston,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did these issues start? Which financial institution(s) are the accounts having trouble with? Are you able to provide screenshots of the error you mentioned getting and the incorrect dates (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Edward Houston
    Edward Houston Member ✭✭
    Options
    Happening with Citibank Visa which shows out of balance by several hundred $ and Discover says "...no uncleared items...." while showing about 30 cleared but unreconciled items - both balanced correctly 3 weeks ago. I will decline on screen shots - too much stuff to blur out.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JudiF
    JudiF Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having a reconcile issue with Quicken also. Also not downloading correctly from several institutions. I just went to reconcile my USbank account and although balances and date shown on front window correct - the following window showed only 2 R transactions
    from Feb 2023. I have been using Q since 1988 and this has never happened before. I think that the most recent Q update broke something. We need a fix quickly or Q becomes unusable and it is back to the old pencil & paper. What a bother.
  • Edward Houston
    Edward Houston Member ✭✭
    Options
    Once I got current paper statements from the banks I switched back to using them. I had to go to 'edit account details' then 'online services' and uncheck the 'reconcile using online balance' box. Proceeded with reconcile and ignored the warning message about switching back can cause problems. Online reconciliation NOT WORKING is a bigger problem!
This discussion has been closed.