Chase account updates

Options

When I update my Chase accounts, it doesn't download the pending transactions, but considers them in the statement ending balance when I reconcile. Why does this happen? It is really a pain to have to go in and manually put in all the pending transactions to get reconciliation.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"When I update my Chase accounts, it doesn't download the pending
    transactions, but considers them in the statement ending balance "

Clarification: I assume that what you're referring to here by "statement ending balance" is the dollar amount shown next to "Balance as of XX/XX/XXXX" that shows up on the "Reconcile Online Account" window, not the actual monthly paper statement amount?

If that's the case, I think I've seen others make this claim, but neither of my two Chase cards have shown that problem so I'm guessing the problem is somewhat "local" - to your Quicken file or the associated Quicken "cloud" account. Maybe the first thing I'd try here is going to Edit > Preferences… > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user (of course signing in using your current ID and password) and see if that works. If that doesn't work then I'd probably validate the file.

This discussion has been closed.