How Can I Export Transactions To Excel When The Quicken Instructions Are Wrong?

Options
saberman
saberman Member ✭✭✭

I wanted to export transactions to Excel. The instructions on the Quicken support site are wrong. They say: from the Quicken menu choose File > Export > Register Transactions to CSV File
They Except the File > Export does not have a to CSV File option:

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I could not find the instructions you referenced but what you showed is incorrect. The File > File Export is for exporting the entire data file, not for exporting reports (except for TT Tax reports). Maybe the post thread or Support Article you found is old and out of date? If you would post the URL for that post thread or Support Article here I will make sure it is brought to the attention of a Moderator for review/update.

If you wish to export the transactions for a specific register there are several options:

1. While in the register: File > Print (the account name will be shown) or ctrl+p > select the desired date range > Print > select "Export to" and select the option you want from the drop-down > Export
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Export to Excel Workbook
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > More Reports > Register Report > click on the Export icon above and to the right of the report > select the export option you want
    4. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Print Transactions > select the data range you want > Print > select "Export to" and select the option you want from the drop-down > Export
    5. Reports > Banking > Transactions > customize the report how you want > click on the Export icon above and to the right of the report > select the export option you want

There might be some more options but this is a good start.

You might want to check out each of these options to find out which one will best meet your needs/wants.

Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you looked at the Investment Transactions report (Reports > Investing > Investment Transactions)? I just exported it in Excel format and for investment account transfers it shows the To/From accounts in separate columns in the same row.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I could not find the instructions you referenced but what you showed is incorrect. The File > File Export is for exporting the entire data file, not for exporting reports (except for TT Tax reports). Maybe the post thread or Support Article you found is old and out of date? If you would post the URL for that post thread or Support Article here I will make sure it is brought to the attention of a Moderator for review/update.

If you wish to export the transactions for a specific register there are several options:

1. While in the register: File > Print (the account name will be shown) or ctrl+p > select the desired date range > Print > select "Export to" and select the option you want from the drop-down > Export
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Export to Excel Workbook
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > More Reports > Register Report > click on the Export icon above and to the right of the report > select the export option you want
    4. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Print Transactions > select the data range you want > Print > select "Export to" and select the option you want from the drop-down > Export
    5. Reports > Banking > Transactions > customize the report how you want > click on the Export icon above and to the right of the report > select the export option you want

There might be some more options but this is a good start.

You might want to check out each of these options to find out which one will best meet your needs/wants.

Did this answer your question?

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The exports from checking accounts are good - transfers between accounts are shown on one row with the to/from account in a separate column. Unfortunately, transfers from IRAs have the to/from account on a separate row instead of a separate column.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you looked at the Investment Transactions report (Reports > Investing > Investment Transactions)? I just exported it in Excel format and for investment account transfers it shows the To/From accounts in separate columns in the same row.

This discussion has been closed.