Attachments not displaying entirely

Options
sjlorenz
sjlorenz Member ✭✭

Added attachment from clipboard and only 1/2 of it is showing when displayed. Previous attachments which showed the entire attachment are also now showing only half of the item. There is no longer the options to delete an attachment. What happened?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @sjlorenz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Is this affecting all of your accounts? If you use multiple Quicken files, is this happening on all your files, or just one? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)?  The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Patrick Hasenjager
    Patrick Hasenjager Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have noticed the same preview issue since the latest update. Double-clicking to open the attachment does show the entire image. To delete, you now have to hover over the top-right corner and click the three dots.

One other that I noticed about attachments is that you cannot add an attachment until AFTER you save the transaction the first time. I used to be able to add the attachment while creating the transaction, but now must wait to add it afterward.

It would be nice if the release notes indicated these changes as it took me a while to find the option to delete.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Would you be willing to attach screenshots of the issue, to make it a bit easier to see what is happening (making sure to obscure or blur out any personal information)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• hillp3
    hillp3 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

The latest update changed how Quicken scans. Now when you scan you get just a small portion of what you have scanned and you have to open it to see if you got all of what you were scanning. This now adds another step that I don't like. Is there anyway to go into Quicken and change a setting so I can go back to the old way of doing it.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @hillp3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Would you be willing to post screenshots of the issue (with any personal information obscured or blurred)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Lamar302
    Lamar302 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I use a print screen to record online transactions. I then paste the image from the clipboard as an attachment to that transactions, but it only pastes 1/2 the image. This is a new problem since one of Quicken the recent updates. This does not happen with other Windows applications.

[Merged Post]

This discussion has been closed.