NA for Manual Transaction

Options
Corsair23
Corsair23 Member ✭✭
I have an account that is not linked. I manually add transactions and have been doing this for 14 years for this one account. I was going through the "enter transactions" feature, selecting "Inc - Income (Div/Int/etc) as I always do.

All of the Interest and Dividend entries showed up as "Intinc" under action, with the security name, with a description of either _Intinc or _Divinc as appropriate and the correct amount in the Inv Amount column of the register, but all showed a Cash amount as NA.

I believe I just took an update last week. Thoughts before i try to roll back to a prior build?

version: R49.29
build: 27.149.29
Windows 10 Home

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It sounds like there's a Placeholder in that Account, though how it would get there isn't clear. In Preferences > Investments is the "Show hidden transactions option selected?

Or, did you by mistake enter a BoughtX transaction? That too will create an "N/A" in the Cash column.

• Corsair23
    Corsair23 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Tom. Definitely not a BoughtX issue. However when i turn on Hidden Transactions I do see maybe 20-25 transactions. They all have a 50/47/14492 date (yes, you read that right) and are all except one are transactions to reduce share counts.

Can I/should I just delete these? I would definitely back up before I do just in case. Also, do we have multi-select capability yet to delete a group of transactions yet and i just haven't learned it? I mean i have only been a quicken user since 1992 or 1993 :dizzy:
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Uh oh, that sounds to me like data corruption which has also been mentioned as possibly resulting in that N/A.

I'd suggest working through the Data File Troubleshooting process here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

• Corsair23
    Corsair23 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks again Tom.
    One additional

I followed and ran the validation process outlined there. I got the following results back.

After running the validation I tried to enter the Interest and dividend transactions and they no longer show as NA. Also, those transactions with weird dates no longer show. My validation report is showed below. I sanitized out the transaction level information. There was only one item (the stock split below) that was related to the account I was having a problem with.

I am prepared to do the manual changes requested for all except the ~200 "The following transaction(s) involving transfers appear to be damaged. You should delete them and recreate as appropriate."

before i do, wanted any feedback on the file below and those 200 that you or anyone could give.
    Thanks!
    Brian

File: "D:\ Quicken\BrianCpy"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    Corrected a problem with an erroneous repeating model.
    Removed 3 qel records for payments not in register

[Tue May 09 13:38:47 2023]
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "First Manhattan - Brian IRA", security "1st Colonial Bancorp Inc", on 3/29/2019 that might be missing. {{ this was only item in the account that I was having a problem with}}
    Placeholder corrections made.
    Placeholder corrections made.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The following transaction(s) were linked to account(s) that are no longer in Quicken. Quicken has changed them to indicate that the account was deleted. Please check them and set the category or destination account correctly. Make sure that this does not duplicate transactions.

{{About 12 transactions 2008-2012}}

The following transaction(s) involving transfers appear to be damaged.
    You should delete them and recreate as appropriate.

{{about 200 transactions across many accounts from 2010 -2013}}

These transaction(s) appear to have been marked void, although they were not actually properly voided. Because they appear to contain valid data, we have cleared the void status. You should examine them to determine if they are still valid transactions and delete if not.
    {{6 $0 transaction that I know can be deleted}}
    ---
    Corrected 18 Bought or Shares Added transactions that were incorrectly categorized as a realized gain.
    If any of these should have been for a Cover Short Sale, you should modify them. Listed:

Date Type Account Security Amount
    ---------- ----------------------------------- ----------------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------
    {{None of these were in the account in questions}}
    ---
    Found 6 reinvestment transactions with zero shares; set dollar amounts to zero.
    Maximum security reference: 375, number of securities: 375.
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash/Transfer investment transactions updated: 82/0/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
This discussion has been closed.