Express Web Connect + reporting accounts closed when they aren't.

Options
Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

This has been going on since at least when Chase changed over to Express Web Connect + and probably longer, as reported by many people. My past theory was that Quicken detected some kind of error and just treated it wrong and reported the account closed (CC-800, and closed icon on the account in the account bar).

First off, Quicken should never mark an account closed without the user's approval.

But past that this just happened to me again today, and I took a close look at the cloud sync log. I had updated successfully last night, and so there wasn't any new transactions, which might be part of the problem of Quicken not behaving correctly. But in any case, all the balances for my banking accounts including the two credit card accounts that it marked as closed were reported correctly with no errors. But still Quicken reported the two credit cards accounts closed, but not the checking account, which was in the same response for the balances.

I have used "Report a problem" to send the logs to the Quicken developers. I hope that they can get this resolved but given how many people have already reported this my confidence in that is pretty low.

But at least now I will revise my theory that this is a falsely reported error.

Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

P.S. Clicking on the "closed" icon and selecting "Fix it" took me through the reauthorization process, and when it got to the adding of the accounts, they were all already in the "Don't add" state (as they should be). But when finished the closed icons didn't go away. So, I started a new One Step Update bypassing the message that says to use the "Fix it" and. This time it came back fine and cleared the closed icons. I'm pretty sure that "Fix it" doesn't work at all, and doing a One Step Update again is what really cleared the closed icons.

The Quicken developers really need to take a hard look at this process.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.