New connection method for US Bank - reauthorization fails

Options
Alcors3
Alcors3 Member ✭✭

Quicken directs me to log into my US Bank account. I enter the correct username and password , and I receive the following JSON message: Error 500 (server error), with detail indicating it is an HTTP 401 error, (unauthorized). If I try again, the error appears without prompting for username and password. I normally use Firefox. I tried again using Edge and got the same problem.

Comments

• Alcors3
    Alcors3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here is the text following the 500 error: "Execution of ServiceCallout SCValidateUserAgentLegacy failed. Reason: ResponseCode 401 is treated as error"
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Alcors3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you use a VPN, pop up blocker, or ad blocker? If so, you may want to temporarily disable or pause them while you are going through the authorization process with US Bank. Some antivirus programs have a Safe Banking feature that pulls all banking sessions into a custom browser. If you have an antivirus that does that, you would need to pause or temporarily disable that feature in order to complete the authorization.

When you tried in Edge, did you do that by temporarily changing your default browser? I ask because if you copied and pasted the link (URL) from Firefox into Edge, that usually causes the process to fail.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Alcors3 - Did one of the browser error messages look like this?:

If so, did you go back to Quicken and see a popup like this?:

If so, did you then click on Sign in? What happened?

I saw these things a few days ago when my US Bank accounts were migrated from EWC to EWC+. For me, clicking on Sign In got the migration successfully completed.

In a test file I also was able to get the connection migrated by deactivating the US Bank accounts and then selecting one of the Accounts to do Set Up Now. This process allowed the migration to be completed without any errors.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options

If I went to a usbank account, online services tab, I would get the same "sign in failed due to time out or connection error" loop. Instead I clicked the + for new account, choose usbank, it all worked great.

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.